Mount Laguna is part of the 460,00 acre Cleveland National Forest (CNF). The Forest is organized in three districts across Southern California. Mount Laguna is part of the Descanso District. The Cleveland National Forest website has current information about recreation activities, campgrounds, natural history and cultural history of the Mount Laguna area, road status and forest updates. Click Cleveland National Forest for the website.
Please see the MT LAGUNA page for an overview of the community including information about restaurants, stores, and organization on the mountain.
Forest Service and the Cabins
The Mount Laguna cabins are leased from the U.S. Forest Service. Cabin permits are granted in 10-year segments and can be renewed. Cabins must remain in compliance with Forest Service regulations regarding cabin appearance, maintenance, and annual brush and debris clearance around the cabin.
Forest Service authorization must be secured prior to taking some actions with your cabin. Please contact the following Forest representative for information regarding cabin construction or improvements, selling or transferring a cabin, and removing hazardous dead trees.
Cleveland National Forest Administrative Representatives
- Recreation Residence Permit Administrator
- Cabin sale or transfer, construction or improvements; dead or hazardous tree removal
- Andrew Cheskaty, [email protected] (619) 445-6235 ext 3453
- General cabin questions, recreation facilities use
- Samuel Orosco, Recreation & Lands Officer: [email protected] (619) 445-6235 ext 3418
- Disctrict Ranger Descanso District
- Kyle Smith, District Ranger: [email protected] 3348 Alpine Boulevard; Alpine, CA 91901 (619) 743-1929
- Forest Supervisor
- Scott Tangenberger: [email protected], 10845 Rancho Bernardo Road; San Diego, CA 92127 (858) 673-6280 ext 3082